Tuesday, March 29, 2016

SIMPLE MELODIES FOR NOTES ON THE 1ST STRING

This is the first of a series of simple melodies and traditional songs for guitar. Only E,
F, and G will be played in the first position (I), with the exception of F# and G#.
Over the last 15 years I've been collecting melodies which you'll encounter through
various post. As a guitar/music teacher I have yet to find an attractive group of pieces
for my beginner students located all in one place. This is my objective as well as
sharing my findings with both teachers and students alike.
Some examples have a Guitar 2 part and others don't. I usually accompany my pupils
in class as soon as it is musically possible.
If you decide to play the melodies, I suggest singing/humming them first.
Important note to the guitar teacher: there are no indications for right and left hand
fingerings, tempo, musical phrasing, timber, etc. The musical parameters that need
to be worked on should be determined by the professor.




No comments:

Post a Comment